Old 23-05-2006, 02:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default crab grass

Dean wrote:
I already put down broad leaf liquid weed killer a month ago and its
working well on my lawn, there are hardly any weeds. But there are a
couple of crab grass patches on the edge, and I am worried they will
spread inland and cause havoc.

Any tips here? Is there something specifically and only for crab grass?
Should I just kill it off and reseed it in the fall?

Cheers for any tips,

Dean

You don't say where you are located, but unless it's someplace warm,
crabgrass isn't growing yet in most of the US, where it only becomes an
apparent problem in Jul/Aug.

If you do have crabgrass, Acclaim is very effective. The stuff sold at
the typical retail shops doesn't work very well at all and I wouldn't
waste my time with it.