Old 23-05-2006, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default First Plants

"StuckInTheMud" wrote in message

Right Im an absolute beginner.

The fence at the bottom of my garden needs cheering up a little. It is
exposed to the sun most of the day and I want to put two or three
hanging baskets as well as some potted climbers along it. I think this
will do the job!

I was thinking honey suckle for the climber. will this fare well in the
exposure to sunlight? and what sort of compost should i use for potting
it?

As for the hanging baskets i realy have no idea! I want plants that
will trail down the side of the baskets. Can anyone suggest any that
will also like a lot of sunlight?

--
StuckInTheMud

A honeysuckle in a pot is not a good idea it will need watering several
times a day in hot weather and they are not too keen on hot sunny situations
either. A rose may be better, better still if you can plant in the ground?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk