Old 23-05-2006, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe

Default Tomato Plants ?

"La Puce" wrote in message
Bertie Doe wrote:
Yep, I think everythings about 3 weeks late this year. One plus is a
dozen
caulis that should have matured in Dec/Jan, were eaten last month.
This year I need to make a decision, get rid of one of the allotments or
buy
a rotavator - 2 allotments are getting too much for me.

Surely there's third option:- get a friend for your second allotment.
With your expertise and help, his/hers ideas and company not to mention
extra pair of hands, surely there's someone you know who would be happy
to 'take on' half of your second lotty?! From experience I think
donating half of the lotty is a good idea since it gives ownership to
one and therefore works better than having voluntary help on occasion.

I own one and rent the other. I would prefer the rotavator route, if I could
get long term tenure on the rented one.Food for thought.

Bertie