Old 23-05-2006, 03:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

Default Fertilizing a lawn

On Mon, 22 May 2006 23:33:10 -0700, tenplay wrote:

I have been trying to upgrade my front lawn. Last month I reseeded a
10'x10' bald area, and it's starting to look pretty good. I might even
mow the area for the first time next week. I've been reading that one has
to fertilize the lawn regularly to nourish the lawn and discourage weeds.
Someone suggested that the best fertilizer would be a 16x16x16 mix with
lime. Is that right? Would it be ok to apply it to the newly reseeded
area too? I live in Western Washington, where we get more rain than most.
In fact it's drizzling right now. Thanks for any advice.

Good day tenplay. No, 16-16-16 is not correct. Your looking for a 21-7-14
fertilizer. Depending on where your located, go to the local farmer's
co-op (cenex store) and get your fertilizer there. Way cheaper that the
big box stores and they will have what you really need.

I have a page on fertilizing lawns for Washington. It can be found he

http://resources.ywgc.com/info/lawnfert.shtml

To be honest, you really running out of time for fertilizing around here.
Be sure not to over apply the fertilizer as it can burn if your not the
type to do summer waterings. We are about done for the rain now and after
this week it may not rain again untill fall. Un-likely but could happen.
Good luck.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/