Old 24-05-2006, 12:35 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright

Default crab grass

"Dean" wrote in message
ps.com...
Ok thanks. I am in NJ. What is Acclaim?

A difficult to find (at least in my experience) somewhat selective herbicide
that, if used properly, will kill crabgrass without severely damaging fescue
or zoysia. Bermuda will be harmed somewhat more, but bermuda is pretty
hardy. Image is about $60 per pint, but a pint goes a long way.

My recommendation is Image. It deals with crabgrass and the various sedges
pretty well and does less harm than Acclaim on many grasses. A pint of
image will cost $10 or so and will do 10,000 square feet, plus or minus.

Don't use any product designed to kill crabgrass if your lawn is centipede
or st. augustine.

If you want to do more research, try greenbook.net. Even without a
subscription, you can see the product data sheets on most commercially
available herbicides.

KB