Old 23-05-2006, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID update! Ceanothus?

louisxiv wrote:
Hi folks

Here are some (slightly) better images of the tree/shrub referred to in
earlier thread started 22/05/2006 @ 22:21

http://i4.tinypic.com/10gih3q.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/10giixy.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/10gijnt.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/10gijw8.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/10gimav.jpg

The leaves are quite shiny and the larger ones are larger than i'd realised
if if you get my drift.

Is it Ceanothus?

Without a doubt; it is the most Ceanothus looking shrub I have seen in
days.

Any idea re the variety?

No but I guess you wold like to know so you can plant one in yer
garden? The COMMON ones with bright blue flowers fall into a small
number of kinds; low growing ones in supermarket car parks (repens?);
medium sized upright ones in small front gardens; big blowsy ones
overhanging garden walls. You just need one of the latter. Maybe some
here who actually knows will post a name; otherwise ask the owner for a
cutting when it is finished flowering?

Cheers

xiv