Old 23-05-2006, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default What's eating my sprouts?

"Robert" wrote in message

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: La Puce wrote:
: Cat(h) wrote:
: Well, my back is mostly always turned, seen as I can only give some
of
: my week ends to gardening... There are lots of pigeons in my area,
and
: at least one couple of ring-necked doves nesting in the trees above
the
: garden.
: What can I do to discourage them?
:
: You need nets or cages.
:
: I am starting to get flowers and early fruits on my strawberries,
: raspberries, gooseberries and other currants... I think I am going to
: build one HUGE cage all around my garden. Last year, I tasted ONE
: raspberry.
: Birds are evil.
:
: Cat(h)

They've just got good taste. We always net all fruit and cabbage stuff but
tie it taut so the birds don't get caught in it

Does it matter if the bloody pigeons get caught in it?

Alan