Old 23-05-2006, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
GKN

Default citrus & scale insects

Janet.
I take your point, but the lemon tree I have for its size is ornamental
only. I am not saying that will always be the case as when its large enough
I would love to pick and use the fruit.
Will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Best regards. GKN
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message k
from "GKN" contains these words:

Regards. GKN
"dirt dibbler" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone found a good cure for scale insects on indoor lemon trees?

Found one in B&Q its called Provado ultimate bug killer.
Its about six pounds a bottle but is a concentrate and is systemic,
recommended for re-application after eight weeks.
I have given my lemon tree one application about four weeks ago and
thankfully no sign of scale or green bugs.
It recommends lightly spraying the plant until a fine mist is apparent on
the leaf surfaces without run-off ( A bit tricky) I just soaked the whole
foliage and bingo they have gone.

Here's what the manufacturer says at
http://www.bayergarden.co.uk/product...Killer+Aerosol

, quote

" Provado Ultimate Bug Killer should not be applied to edible plants.

*Why can't Provado Ultimate Bug Killer be used on edible plants?
*The product has not be registered for use on edibles by the UK
Regulatory Authority as the *necessary trials work has not been
completed."

(end quote)

Janet