Old 24-05-2006, 06:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord

Default IRIS problem

As they have not bloomed you can do them now, the ones that did bloom can be
moved now too, into a good bed with some space between them.

I clear my soil down to the hardpan and then put down leaves, hay, steer
manure, I then build beds up so they are anywhere from 3 to 6 inch deep and
plant the iris ontop of the soil and set up a sprikler for watering.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

"Dave_s" wrote in message
Dave_s wrote:
I have about 14 IRIS in my full sun center garden in San Fernando Valley,
Van Nuys, Calif.

10 of 14 plants did not bloom this year.
When is the best time to dig up 3 or 4
of those that might be planted too deep?
Replant now or August or when. Many thanks, Dave_s