Old 24-05-2006, 10:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default grass seeds

use raw seed, not coated with anything such as a fertiliser or fungicide
which slows down the germination rate.

rob

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
best suggestion I have is use annual or perennial rye seed, which
have 3-6 day germination periods. Other grasses are slower, such
as bermuda which germinates in 14-21 days or fescue in 7-12 days
and would not grow much in the length of time of your experiment.
Ryegrasses also grow faster than most other turf type grasses.

wrote:

in my class i have to plant and grow grass seeds for 2 weeks.
the group
who has the highest yeild of grass wins. i need help with
this. can
someone please tell me the best fertilizer and othere
chemicails i
should use. we are growing them in class in a inclosed
enviorment.