Old 24-05-2006, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Fertilizing a lawn

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Fertilizing is seasonal and regional. Scotts (which I think is
excessive) has a 4 cycle schedule which includes premerg fertilizer for
crabgrass control, fertilizer with grub control, weed and feed and
winterization. Best advice for your area would probably come from a
local garden shop.
Frank

US grass growers seem to be obsessed with crabgrass. Just about every post
on fertiliser mentions a pre-emergent for crabgrass. Is it really a big
problem in the US? Are fertiliser companies selling you something you do not
need?

I have some grabgrass in my lawn but it is not rampant by any means. More of
a problem is couch and other creeping grasses and paspalum.

rob