Old 24-05-2006, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe

Default coffee compost

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

When my 'knock box' arrives, I too will be joining the compost/coffee
brigade, although my weekly consumption is only 500g per week.

Well, it arrived this morning and it's not known as a knock box any more,
but a 'coffee grind waste bin & recycling station' - sheesh!
www.grindenstein.com (skip the intro)

Some info on composting :-
" ... a little can be used in a wormery"
"used at the base of plants before watering...slowly release their nitrogen
& nutrients"
"used as a fast acting fertiliser .. 100gr wet grinds per 10 litres of
water" apply with a bucket.I may use this method as 500gr per week, between
2 heaps, will have little impact.

Bertie