Old 24-05-2006, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.natural-history
Chris Bacon

Default Gelatinous Blobs

Ade wrote:
Ade wrote:
A very weird appearance on the soil in some pots. Very large blobs of
clear jelly just sitting on the surface of the soil. Definitely not
water retaining gel. It almost looks like it's rained jelly!
Anyone know what these blobs might be?

Totally clear in colour. It's not a solid, so I don't think it's a fungus.
If you try to pick it up it just runs, exactly like a half-set jelly. I'm
going to take a closer look to see if it has any eggs in it. Do birds throw
up jelly? I'll laugh if it turns out my daughter has thrown out her pots of
jelly snacks that I bought her this week !!

Perhaps u.r.n-h might help!