Old 24-05-2006, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

Default Chelsea on Tuesday night

On Wed, 24 May 2006 12:33:02 +0100, Sacha Hubbard
wrote:

I'm sorry to rub it in to those who didn't see it but Carol Klein's
presentation on digital viewing in the Grand Pavilion, was an utter delight.

Most enjoyable - even for a novice. I've recorded both programmes so
far.

She is just SUCH a good presenter and is on TV just as she is in real life.
In fact, I'd say they could make a whole programme for that alone and show it
to everyone!

Perhaps someone needs to say to the BBC that they could provide those
programmes either as a DVD or via the Gardeners World site on "see it
again" player where the programmes stay for a week or so. The other
alternative would be for them to show them as Hour Long Specials when GW
is not broadcast over the height of the Summer.

You seem to have the "hot line" to the production team so why not drop
them an E Mail? :-)

Her own knowledge was of the greatest value, her way of presenting was
natural and refreshingly 'unstagey' and it's clear that her acquaintanceship
with so many of the exhibitors was, indeed, a bonus for us.

I agree that she seems to be in her element talking with the growers and
pointing out the plants.

But we enjoyed all the programmes and certainly - for us - the right garden
got Best in Show. ;-) Which would others have chosen?

I'll wait and see how they look "in the leaf" tomorrow provided I don't
get rained out. It looks like a dismal rainy and windy autumn day out
of the window at the moment :-(

--
Paul C