Old 24-05-2006, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
les

Default Flowering Thorn - Crataegus Prunifolia

In November 2004 I planted a Crataegus Prunifolia. I picked this variety
because of its spring blossom and autumn berries. Last year there were no
flowers or berries. I was not really concerned about this as it was its
first year. However, I am concerned that this year there are no signs of any
flowers (not even buds). The tree looks very healthy and is growing well. It
is about 2.5 metres tall but the trunk is only about 8 -10 cm in
circumference. Should I be concerned about this lack of flowering or do I
need to be patient? When should I reasonably expect to see flowers and
berries?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Les