Old 24-05-2006, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default horse tail

grimmjimm wrote:
My soil has a high clay content, The problem i have is Horsetail this
grows everywhere i have tried digging it up but it always seems to come
back. Does anybody know of a suitable weed killer that really does work
on this plant.
I has started to take my garden over. Any help would be appleciated.

It comes back because you've left bits of it in the ground. Make sure
you remove the whole plant out. The root is single and long, easy to
dig out really. I find it easier to dig it out after the rain. I don't
use weed killers so wouldn't know what to use to kill it off. But I've
heard there's nothing really. We're all plagued by the jurassic plant -
don't bother me much. I just take it out when I see it next to my crops.