Old 16-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default What to do with perennials?

It would all depend on which perennials it is you allude.

I would say leave them. Wait until new growth appears and then fertilize and
water them. Keep the protected from those darn bunnies.

Adam Schwartz wrote in message
Last year I planted a few potted perennials for the first time. I've
never cared for perennials before. What do I need to do with them now?
When should I start watering them? I live in zone 5 (Iowa City). it's

70F
here right now but it will freeze again this week. Also, I haven't

trimmed
them at all. My sage is still a blue grey color, but the rest re brown.
Should I cut back last years growth or leave it?

Thanks,
Adam