Old 16-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default spindly seedlings

Bite me, Alice. Wake up and smell the seedlings rotting. You don't know
where he lives or if he can affort to buy plant lights, you dummy. Are you
going to buy them for him?

It certainly is too early if he doesn't have artificial lights and is unable
to keep the seedlings in good health indoors until the threat of frost is
over.

Alice Gamewell wrote in message
Cereoid is wrong. Its not too early to start your seeds. I start mine 8
weeks before I set them out.
In the lamp department at my walmart, they sell small flourescent light

lamps
for ten dollars. I bought two and put them over my tomato seedlings. I

grew
some nice transplants from seeds.
Good luck gardening this year.
Alice

videotron wrote:

Having a problem with spindly tomato seedlings - can't get the stems to
thicken up. Would it be a lack of light or too much light that would

cause
this? The seedlings are a couple weeks old and about 3 to 4 inches

tall.
Any ideas?

tks
Paul