Old 24-05-2006, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Will it never end................?

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...

Useless whingeing, I know but it's absolutely hammering it down this
evening.
The wind is getting up and it's too damned cold! We have had the CH off
for
only a very brief period earlier this month and last night we lit a log
fire
to cheer things up a bit! Any cheer, anywhere? I do have to admit that
Ray is chuckling a bit at the doomers and gloomers in the SW who took the
drought of the SE to their hearts and started telling us that it was going
be necessary to eschew hanging baskets and plant drought resistant plants
in
'sunny' Devon! If only one could transplant houses and businesses as
easily
as plants!

In East Berks it has been pouring with rain for most of the day, and when
you can get out the wind freezes the things off you!

Alan

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk