Old 24-05-2006, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mealworms

Sacha Hubbard writes

Interesting you say that. I have a seed feeder hanging from my study window,
which is upstairs and today, I watched a coal tit worrying away at it and
apparently hurling unwanted seed to the ground. He finally found a sunflower
seed and flew away with it triumphantly. The feeder full of niger seed
appears to attract everything but not, yet, the green finches we were assured
would go mad for it.
--

I think you informant got their finches mixed! It's gold finches that
particularly like nyger seed (it's a thistle type thingy, so close to

Greenfinches are happy on a sunflower seed based mix.
--
Kay