Old 25-05-2006, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mark Anderson

Default Propagating Potato Vine

I repotted a potato vine that was overwintered under lights but wasn't
doing very well. When I took it out of its container, the entire
container was filled with root tubers. This could have been the reason
the plant didn't look good.

So I separated the tubers and stuck each into a separate container. If
everything goes right I should have a lot of potato vines this year. My
problem is that after more than a week it doesn't look like anything is
happening. Is there something else I needed to do or should I just be
patient? Is there a way to check the tuber to make sure it's even alive
to grow into a new plant? I'm in Zone 5 Chicago and the last few weeks
have been kind of cold outside.