Old 25-05-2006, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Suggestions for backyard trees

In article . com,
" wrote:

I wanted to know if anyone could suggest a few types of flowering
trees, medium growth rate, zones 5-6 that reach a maximum height of no
more than 15-20 feet. I'm partial to the Japanese Cherry Blossom
because of its looks (and no fruit), but I think it will be too big for
my backyard. I've got a huge maple that has tangled itself around the
power lines and will eventually need to be cut down so I'm thinking a
few smaller, flowering trees hopefully with no fruit that have a nice
fragrance would be great back there.

Thanks for the ideas-
Tim

Consider Stewardia, Franklinia or a flowering crabapple the double
flower type unless you want fruit. Kousa dogwoods are another
wonderful option.

Have fun !

Bill

--