Old 25-05-2006, 03:11 PM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

Phisherman On 25 May 2006 03:37:50 -0700, wrote:

I apologise if this is not the correct place to ask this question but I
couldn't find a group for house plants.
I have a lucky bamboo plant growing in water. There is some sort of
green looking gung surrounding the roots. Could anyone tell me what
this is, if it is a danger to the plant and how I can safely remove it
if it is likely to effect its health.

Thanks.

I could not possibly guess what is in the roots. Why not remove the
plant, rinse it off, clean the container? I suggest using rainwater,
no fertilizers.

do u have algae in your pond at all? it might be a build up of that around the roots but i would do as Phisherman mentioned and clean it off and see what happens. good luck, sockiescat.