Old 25-05-2006, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Maple tree seed pods

I am new to this group but I think this is the proper forum to ask this
question. I live in northern RI and have a large Swamp Maple growing
in my front yard. I have been in the house only two springs, and each
spring my neighbor complains extensively about the "helicopters" that
fall on both our yards. While they don't bother me a whole lot, they
really aggravate him. I doubt it, but is there anything that can be
done to minimize the amount of seed pods a maple produces?