Old 25-05-2006, 04:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default I have pale yellow/clear looking fry

"Bonita" wrote in message
ps.com...

Out of them they all started the same size but some are very slow in
growing but also getting black spots on them. Could these be koi
babies?
They others GF Fry are growing much faster than these are.

==============================
This has been my experience with GF and koi. Sarassa and other metallic GF
are born dark brown or greenish brown and change color as they grow and age,
turning some shade of red and white. Shubunkins are born light colored and
the spots and markings show as they grow over the spring and summer. Koi,
hatching out a light color, resemble Shubunkin GF fry and show colors within
a few weeks. Sometimes spots don't show up for awhile. Shubunkin and koi
fry are hard to tell apart with the naked eye when newly hatched.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.