Old 25-05-2006, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Chelsea on Tuesday night

On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:13:22 +0100, K wrote
(in article ):

Sacha Hubbard writes
On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:59:20 +0100, K wrote
(in article ):

snip

I find Pinguicula (butterwort) are best for whitefly - I think the
colour of the pale leaves attracts them (rather like the yellow fly
papers do)

Very interesting. I'll look that up, Kay. Do you use them yourself?

I grow them, but more because their bright pink flowers brighten the
greenhouse through the winter. I wouldn't say they are a complete cure
(largely because I also have Nicotiana sylvestris in there for the scent
and that attracts them without eating them), but the butterwort leaves
are always plastered in dead whitefly.

Thanks. I'm tempted to get some of both and give them a try just out of
interest.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk