Old 26-05-2006, 11:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz

Default Bird Poop on my driveway - I'm going to cry

Mac3 said:

I don't know if anyone can help out here. I've looked through google and
have seen suggestions from hanging cd's to bb guns, etc. But my driveway
has some many bird droppings on it, I just can't compete. It gets loaded
on a daily basis. It's almost as if my driveway is attracting birds or is at a
fly by intersection for birds. I don't get it.

Let me guess:
It is an asphalt driveway, and the birds are dropping fecal sacks produced
by nestlings.

This used to happen a lot to my driveway before it was repaved to concrete.
I theorized that the birds mistook the large, dark expanse for a body of
water that they could hide the evidence of their nestlings in. At that time
our road was unpaved. The nearest actual body of water is a few blocks
away.

(attributed to Don Marti)