Old 26-05-2006, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

Default Chelsea on Tuesday night *

On Fri, 26 May 2006 08:59:06 +0100, Sacha Hubbard
wrote:

On Fri, 26 May 2006 00:30:16 +0100, Paul Corfield wrote
(in article ):
snip

I got there about 08.30 and was genuinely surprised to be able to get
round most of the show gardens with little crowding. It did get somewhat
silly later on as people ignored the one way system in the Pavilion.
It's also a good idea to hide when the BBC are filming or in live
broadcast - the place just stops.

I was anticipating it being far worse than it was so my stress levels
remained low.

Interesting you mention the time you arrived. One of the articles I read on
Chelsea advised people to go on public days, not members' days and to arrive
extremely early. We went on the first day last time we went and arrived as
the gates opened - the crowds were so awful that I said I really never want
to go again. Maybe if we do, we'll follow your example.

I suspect the weather may have had something to do with it. It was
overcast when I left home at 07.30. At Chelsea there were spots of rain
when I was looking at the first exhibits. It was lovely and sunny later.
I suspect that if it had been sunny early morning that the crowds may
have arrived in a different time distribution - i.e. more early on.
--
Paul C