Old 26-05-2006, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default BBC at Chelsea

On Fri, 26 May 2006 12:40:23 +0100, wrote
(in article .com):

Gardeners World at Chelsea. Excellent TV. First time I've watched this
-- is it on every year?
I thought 1 hour per evening would be overkill, but it is fine.

I must be getting old, though -- the flower show is sponsored by Saga!

Yes, it's on every year, though this is the first year in ages that it's been
worth watching! An hour is barely enough to show you what happens at
Chelsea, though we're very much enjoying the fact that they're giving more
actual time to Chelsea and not to peripheral activities. If you have
digital access, press the red button and watch Carol Klein talking to all
the nurserymen displaying wonderful plants in the marquee. It's one of the
most interesting aspects of the whole thing, showing some lovely new plants
and an insight into how the plants are displayed and the people who do it.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk