Old 26-05-2006, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MaggieW

Default leaf cutter uk

Hi Linda,

Could you please advise if the leaf cutter ant could live in the UK. I have
busy lizzies, petunia's, fuchia's which all have mouth shaped bits missing
from the leaves. Or if not, any thoughts on what thias coule be.

Leaf cutter bee?
http://www.insectpix.net/Leafcutter_bees.htm
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...ch&sa=N&tab=wi

I get the holes in the leaves of my lone Peace Rose, haven't noticed on
other plants, but no petunias or fuschias, and single busy lizzie hasn't
been attacked, but only here about 2 weeks so far. Actually no holes in
rose leaves yet, remember from previous years.

Haven't got a photo or would stick online for you to see. Maybe someone
else here has one?

All the best from sunnyish South Liverpool,

Maggie