Old 26-05-2006, 09:01 PM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

sounds logical. Ingrid

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:
Let me guess:
It is an asphalt driveway, and the birds are dropping fecal sacks produced
by nestlings.

This used to happen a lot to my driveway before it was repaved to concrete.
I theorized that the birds mistook the large, dark expanse for a body of
water that they could hide the evidence of their nestlings in. At that time
our road was unpaved. The nearest actual body of water is a few blocks
away.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed with this comment

I think you should ask other people about something they can't see (i.e.:
your property, your birds), rather than put your fat, lazy dumb ass in a
chair and OBSERVE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS, you ignorant twit.

if the birds have young ones u will end up getting a lot more droppings because of the little ones still being in the nests.
hopefully it will let up once the young are gone. if not i would go with getting one of those fake owls (as was suggested) they have worked great for a couple of my friends. good luck. cyaaaa, sockiescat.