Old 26-05-2006, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ade

Default Carrot Failure

My first allotment, my first failure (and I've only sowed 4 things!).
Carrots. I sowed 2 types (Early Nantes and Flyaway) but not a one has
germinated. The Early Nantes were seed tapes, the Flyaway were normal
seeds, and I followed the packet directions. Is there a secret knack to
growing carrots or what?

My onions and shallots are doing well, as are my spuds. Oh, spinach, I just
remembered I've also sowed spinach and I haven't seen them either.

I'll sow another couple of rows of carrots and spinach, so if anyone has any
tips please let me know!

Ta!