Old 26-05-2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Another snail barrier test

On Fri, 26 May 2006 15:46:04 -0230, cloud dreamer
wrote:

But not much good unless you're trying to get rid of them in a confined
area. If the area is not confined, it's too labour intensive to be
maintaining the bait. Much easier to buy a few bags of mulch or separate
the area with rough lumber.

I believe my snails and slugs must be made of tougher stuff than
yours. Rough boards don't even slow them down, and both mulch and
boards just give them a good place to hide from the sun.

Besides, beer cups are not labor intensive at all, unless you consider
a leisurely stroll around your garden hard labor.

And I'm sure there are some out there that would have better use for the
beer...

Use cheap, sugary beer. It's not worth drinking anyway.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"