Old 17-03-2003, 12:56 AM
NAearthMOM

Default remodeling and people trampling plants

LASt year my bulbs were trampled as they were BLOOMING (DUH!) and I
thought they wouldn't come back this year. Lo and behold, here they are!
I actually had one contractor wearing SHORTS that got ripped up by my
peace rose bush. He hacked it to the ground. MORON.
I also lost some exotic japanease specimens due to the new configuration
of the front porch & new steps. We did successfully move our alaskan weeping
cedar (thank goodness!) and it it survived.
Time to put in some new bushes & trees, and celebrate over the fact that
my perennial beds are unscathed & many other favorite plantings are okay.
You win some, you lose some.
Love Caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"