Old 27-05-2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Jeffcoat

Default Maple tree seed pods

Oh boy!. . .I was seriously thinking of planting a Silver Maple, to
replace a mistletoe infested Modesto Ash. I want something disease
resistant, and not bothered too much by mistletoe or other pests.

I hadn't considered a problem with seed pod helicoptors. Let me ask a
stupid "blonde" question. . .Do trees come in male and female, and if
so, does one of them NOT have the seed pods??? And also, if they do
come in male and female, how do you tell the difference;-)

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm serious, and just had to ask!

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com