Old 27-05-2006, 06:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Default fire ants

sawney beane wrote:

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

sawney beane wrote:

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

Walter R. Tschinkel from Florida State claims Fire ants eat
termites. But I admit I first heard it as a rumor.

http://www.bio.fsu.edu/faculty-tschinkel.php

Carl

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/aaes/commun...er99/ants.html

This one says fire ants help termites.

It still refers to them as 'foes' but, evidently, there can be
exceptional circumstances.

(interesting screen name by the way - hope you don't also share
dietary habits!)

Carl

I wanted to be Sweeney Todd in honor of Tod Slaughter's performance in
the 1936 film, but I was afraid I wouldn't be taken seriously discussing
meat pies in alt.cooking-chat.

"Tell me boy, are you afraid of me?"
"N-n-n-n-n-n-no sir."
"Well take care you don't give me cause to make you afraid of me."

So SB was an improvement over that?

I'm reminded of the college that allowed the students to name portions
of the new student union building and, for a brief time, managed to have
an Alfred Packer Memorial Cafeteria!

lol!

Carl (sorry - back on topic now)

--