Old 27-05-2006, 07:45 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gabrielle

Default Argh!!!! Algae and other plants!!!

8 snip

I want to buy water hyacinth but it can't be shipped to
California!!!!

Who says? You can buy it in plenty California nurseries.

snipper-riffic

So says some government agency. Which one, I have no idea. FDA? EPA?
Dept of Ag? Water Hyacinth is an invasive, non-native plant much like
the American Bullfrog is non-native for the whole of California. Yeah, I
can buy it in nurseries but I was hoping for cheaper plants through the
Internet...

On the other hand, if anybody knows of an internet site that *will* (or
can) ship to California, I'd be happy to give that a look, too...)

(And I *have* been on the lookout for watercress....)

--Bryan

The restriction is usually on importing it into the state -- at least
that's true here in Arizona. My supplier, whom I found on eBay, can ship
it to me because he's also in Arizona. Try checking online for sellers
in California.
Gabrielle