Old 27-05-2006, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

Default BBC at Chelsea

On 26 May 2006 04:40:23 -0700, "
wrote:

Gardeners World at Chelsea. Excellent TV. First time I've watched this
-- is it on every year?
I thought 1 hour per evening would be overkill, but it is fine.

The thing that struck me with today's coverage (including the lunchtime
slot) were three people :-

a) the Japanese chap who designed the best in show small garden.
They showed him doing a "speed" flower arrangement at lunchtime. He
produced a rather nice bouquet for Nicki Chapman in about 65 seconds -
amazing to watch. Apparently he is very famous in Japan for his flower
arrangements.

b) that 9 year old lad with the allotment. Clearly very good with
his plants and full of enthusiasm. I think we've just seen the future
Alan Titchmarsh.

c) the lady who was 100 years of age who was involved in flower
arrangement and been to Chelsea 60 years (?) running. She looked
absolutely astounding for 100 years old and was clearly in full command
of her faculties as she was lucid and fun to listen to.

I must be getting old, though -- the flower show is sponsored by Saga!

I obviously didn't look quite old to be given a SAGA bag when I visited
;-)
--
Paul C