Old 28-05-2006, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Shepherd

Default Venus Fly Trap being eaten

That could be it. I have been keeping the plant very wet in an attempt to
drown the pest that is eating it, maybe its time to let the soil dry out a
little and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

"Lar" wrote in message
t...
In article , daveshep666
@___REMOVE_THIS___hotmail.com says...
Something is eating my Venus Fly Trap. I don't know what it is. The
existing
leaves are being eaten and turning yellow then dying, the new growth
is
coming up red but then turning black before the traps have a chance to
open.
I can not see anything living in the pot. Is there anything I can do
to kill
this pest?

Your description sounds like mine I have around a pond waterfall, when
it gets too wet. I move it so there is not any water splash on the
plant and the new growth seems fine.

Lar