Old 28-05-2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Shepherd

Default Venus Fly Trap being eaten

The plant is in the second year of life, I've only ever given it rainwater
and deionised water. It has plenty of sun, but maybe not much humidity. It
started to grow a flower just before these problems happened. I cut the
flower off after reading that it takes too much energy from the plant.
Hopefully it was the right thing to do.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 May 2006 17:53:09 +0100, "David Shepherd"
wrote:

Something is eating my Venus Fly Trap. I don't know what it is. The
existing
leaves are being eaten and turning yellow then dying, the new growth is
coming up red but then turning black before the traps have a chance to
open.
I can not see anything living in the pot. Is there anything I can do to
kill
this pest?

Venus Fly trap is sensitive and temperamental. It needs full sun,
high humidity, damp soil. Use distilled or rainwater, no fertilizer,
avoid teasing/feeding the traps. I'm wondering if this plant will do
well on the edge of my spring-fed pond, east TN.