Old 28-05-2006, 12:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Newsreader

Default Hemlocks have woolly adelgids

"JP" wrote in message
I went with Bayer Tree & Shrub (1 oz. per 1" circumference in a 2gal.
Watering can). 2 gal. covered 8 trees of between 22" and 54" and I've got
to get another 2gal. for the rest of the hemlocks. As you say, it is late,
and since Maryland tends toward dry summers I'm figuring on watering the
trees heavily to get the systemic treatment absorbed by the roots.
According to my local garden center (River Hill) it should take effect in
about a month and the results are dramatic.

JP (West Friendship)

I'm in a new house now, about 1 year. It's an old somewhat overgrown
property in Highland, right down the road from River Hill. Small world!

There are a couple Hemlocks on my property line, and many on the neighbors
property. He hired an arborist to spray all his about a month ago, & I
kicked in bit to have 'mine'?? done.

I also recently bought 2 quarts of the Bayer Tree & shrub to try on some
flowering cherries I put in late last spring. Hopefully the Jap Beetles
damage will be minimized. Plan to put it on tomorrow. Hope it works. Pretty
hefty price tag on that stuff.

David