Old 28-05-2006, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mac3

Default Bird Poop on my thread

I understand it appears inhumane, cruel, etc. But the fact is, there is an
overabudance of doves, robins and grackles in this area. It's a residential
area, has been for over a hundred years. I would never shoot a songbird.
In fact, if all I had were cardinals, goldfinches, cedar waxwings, etc - I
would at least be happy I've got pretty birds to look at. However, the
three birds I mention are absolute pests. I used to shoot these kinds of
birds as a teenager simply because all of the other neighbor kids did it.
I'm an adult now and have no desire to kill birds. That being said, I've
got 2 young children who are playing on the driveway all day long. Sorry,
but the birds have to go. I'll try the fake owl first. Hope that works.
But if it doesn't, the bb gun is coming out of storage.

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

I wu8 dhabve to think yur lower than scum if your that assinine to
take out birds just because they shit on your ****ing
driveway.......I guess your roof does not matter since its higher than
you can see. Personally I think your abouyt as big a ****ing looser if
yuy resort to usch actions and hopefull.y you take out a songbird and
you get caught..........
On Sat, 27 May 2006 16:43:15 -0500, "Mindful"
wrote:

"Mac3" wrote in message
news:xJWdnW_XwdBoKurZnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@adelphi a.com...
All of your suggestions have been very helpful, except that they
haven't.
I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but it looks like I'll have to
resort to the bb gun.

It is illegal to kill birds with the exception of English Sparrows and
European Starlings, if you are in the US.

"Mindful" wrote in message

"Mac3" wrote in message
No overhangs for birds to sit on. Just two tall house and a couple
of
trees to fly back and forth. Is it because birds are eating alot
for
feeding their young right now?(Northern Ohio). I just don't
remember it
ever being this bad.

Yes. If there is a nest in one of the trees there will be poop under
it.
Sometimes lots of poop. Just hose it off or allow the rain to flush
it
away.