Old 28-05-2006, 02:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
John

Default Daffodils From Seed?

Yesterday I collected quite a lot of daffodil seeds. As I have always
understood that daffodils are propagated from bulbs, are the seeds
sterile? If not, when should I plant them (now, or next Spring)?

The bulbs that I planted several years ago all came from the Home Depot
(the white and yellow varieties). They've been flowering and multiplying
quite well ever since. This is the first time I've noticed the seeds,
however, because I've been giving thought to digging up the bulbs after
the stalks turn yellow to redistribute the bulbs throughout the garden.

Thanks,

J.