Old 28-05-2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mindful

Default Bird Poop on my thread

"Mac3" wrote in message
I understand it appears inhumane, cruel, etc. But the fact is, there is an
overabudance of doves, robins and grackles in this area. It's a
residential area, has been for over a hundred years. I would never shoot a
songbird. In fact, if all I had were cardinals, goldfinches, cedar
waxwings, etc - I would at least be happy I've got pretty birds to look at.
However, the three birds I mention are absolute pests. I used to shoot
these kinds of birds as a teenager simply because all of the other neighbor
kids did it. I'm an adult now and have no desire to kill birds. That being
said, I've got 2 young children who are playing on the driveway all day
long. Sorry, but the birds have to go. I'll try the fake owl first. Hope
that works. But if it doesn't, the bb gun is coming out of storage.

Before you do anything call your Agricultural Extension Agent and ask what
they recommend to get rid of pest birds. You can suffer a hefty fine by
killing anything other than English Sparrows and Starlings. If they can't
advise you they will refer you to the proper people who can help you.