Old 28-05-2006, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Splitting Strelitzia

On 28 May 2006 09:49:51 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

My Strelitzia has outgrown its pot. I am not strong enough to lift a
larger one, so it will need splitting. Can anyone help as to when and
how? My guess is "during growth" and "with a sharp knife".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I gave one to a friend last year, can't remember exactly when.
Previously it had been outside in a small blue plastic barrel through
a winter, which did it no good at all. They hacked it in two quite
brutally they said, and both halves are alive and doing OK. One half
actually flowered a month ago, although the flower was rather small.

--
Chris