Old 28-05-2006, 10:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Not@home

Default green pepper eater

We like green peppers, so I start them inside, set the tray of seedlings
outside for a week, then transplant them into the garden. Some insect
or animal eats off the leaves after we transplant them, and they die.

We solved the problem by placing large canning jars over the seedlings
for a few days. I'm really curious what kind of pest would attack a
newly planted seedling, but won't attack it a week or two later when we
remove the jars. No other seedlings are attacked. Any ideas? This is
in Ohio, zone 5.