Old 28-05-2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Green Giant

Default pollinate tomatoes in greenhouse?

that was a good article. thanks. When using vibrator method, what
really happens? does the pollen from the above blossoms fall to the
ones below? They are on the same plant so wouldn't they all be male? Or
all female?
BTW, for the Alaskan who asked, I am north of Seattle and we get good
enough weather to grow tomatoes but by the time they ripen, the whole
plants are usually eaten up by blight so a greenhouse is about the only
way to actually get to eat the fruit.
Happy growing, thanks for anyone who can explain pollination
further.....
Green Giant