Old 29-05-2006, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Watering potted tomatoes

"Mike S." wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm trying to grow tomatoes in a pot (one plant per large pot). How
often should they be watered and how much water should they get? I also
don't know if I should use some sort of drip irrigation system
(something simple like soda bottles) or just water them by hand with a
watering can. How often should I use plant food?

I have what I call a thumb of death. I cannot grow plants at all. In
fact, I can't even grow potted grass for my indoor cats. So obviously,
I need some help. On the bright side, my tomato plants haven't died,
yet.

How big is the pot? Measure diameter across the top, and height, and come
back with this information.