Old 29-05-2006, 01:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
sarab

Default Jacobs Coat Rose

I bought a Jacobs Coat rose a few years ago and the first year it was
beautiful with a wide range of hues. I completely abandoned my garden
and weeding for a couple of years,and finally cleaned up the area, fed
and mulched the rose (the only rose there, btw)

So this year it was absolutely covered with blooms. Problem is, all
the blooms were the same blood red color - no variation in the blooms
as they matured at all. Any ideas as to what happened here?