Old 29-05-2006, 04:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lucky

Default Venus Fly Trap being eaten

Uh-Oh! Usualy flowering in fly-traps is not a good sign! It's one of
those, "I'm gonna die, so time to hurry up and reproduce things..."

Did you purchase it at Walmart per chance?

I got one from there and have been having problems with it. Then
again, I got it from Walmart, so I guess I can't expect the best
condition....

One thing I learned is that each trap only works about 3 or 4 times
before dying. A pesky youngster who often plays with the traps can
actualy kill the plant overtime, so I told my neice that this was the
plant from "Little Shop of Horors, i.e. "Audrey II", and that it will
eat her if she gets to close.....

-Jason